Do you have a passion for serving others? Would you like to plan service projects and get others involved in them? Consider applying for our new intern position! Details below. Email Chaplain Kristen for more information or to apply.
The EACM Community Service Intern will organize and lead our service projects. This role requires approximately 8 hours per month.
The intern will:
- Research, plan, and lead community service projects (approximately 2 per semester) for the Episcopal Anglican Campus Ministry and the Episcopal Terps, in consultation with the Chaplain.
- Communicate and coordinate with other organizations (both on- and off-campus) as needed.
- Assist with “tabling” events such as FreeFest, First Look Fair, and Second Look Fair.
- Coordinate with other interns as needed.
- Attend monthly leadership team planning meetings (either in person or via video).
- Be a regular part of EACM/Episcopal Terps programming outside service projects.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The Intern will:
- be a full-time student in good standing at the University of Maryland in College Park;
- agree to work in the tradition of Christianity as the Episcopal Church has received and practices it.*
The Intern will receive $300 per semester, paid in two installments approximately 1 month in to the semester and 2 weeks before the end of the semester.
*The Intern does not necessarily need to be an Episcopalian, but it is important that they hold a similar theological framework and practice so as to be able to appropriately promote the work of the Episcopal Anglican Campus Ministry.